Sunday, April 19, 2009

Birthday Candle?!!!

For my birthday KB gave me 2 dresses that he picked out all by himself. They both fit and they are beautiful! He also sneaked over to our American friend's apartment on Friday afternoon to make a cake. Neither of these guys had ever made a cake before, much less a double layer chocolate cake with sprinkles. They did awesome, and they were so proud of it. KB also made us a chicken soft taco dinner that included chicken, tortillas, shredded cheese, diced tomatoes, lettuce, cilantro, rice, queso, Doritos, and soda. He also cleaned the apartment. My husband went all out! I was so impressed.
The cake before it was unwrapped.
This video is one second long - literally. It is of me trying to light my birthday candle. I was a bit scared since it looks like a firecracker, but our friend reassured me that the folks here use these all of the time. That should have been my warning. We stuck it in the bottom of a paper cup because my friend said he was unsure if it was clean. We did not want to ruin the cake they had worked so hard on.

I don't know why these videos got broken up, but this video starts about one second after the first video ended. I don't know how I survived. The candle I actually did blow out is a # 2 candle, but KB drew an 8 over the bear to make it a 28 for my 28th birthday. You may have to look close to see it.

No comments: